"A trail is a place to enjoy a walk and to find a bench to rest and talk."
(Dorothy Langsdorf, Discovery Trail in Vancouver,WA)

lundi 8 décembre 2008

Bancs aux citrons /Benches with lemons

La culture du citron est ancestrale à Menton. C'est pourquoi il est souvent utilisé comme élément de décoration.
Lemons are a typical product of the town of Menton. That's why it is often used in decorations.



1 commentaire:

PERBS a dit…

WOW! Lemons everywhere! I enlarged it to see the long bench better and it is beautiful and a great place to sit! (Too bad there is graffiti on the one bench.) I love to eat lemons. When in high school, my twin and I went to a boarding school and Dad asked us what kind of fruit we would like to have for snacks. He sent us each a big box of what we wanted - Margie got oranges but I asked for lemons. I love to eat them like an orange. . . They kept them in a big walk - in cooler for us. I couldn't eat the lemons fast enough and the nuns finally asked me if I wanted some lemon pies made for all the boarder girls dining hall and that's what happened. I still eat lemons today, just not by the case.

Great find! One of my favorite benches. In fact, I see two benches in the photo.