"A trail is a place to enjoy a walk and to find a bench to rest and talk."
(Dorothy Langsdorf, Discovery Trail in Vancouver,WA)

mardi 24 février 2009

Banc avec danseuses /Bench with dancers


3 commentaires:

PERBS a dit…
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par l'auteur.
PERBS a dit…

When I enlarged it, I could only see the platform the "dancers" were on and I thought "that's no bench!" Then I looked at the smaller photo and saw the bench to the side of the artwork. . . what a nice setting!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's all the information I could find on this name:
Frenchman’s Bar Park was indeed named after a French sailor who jumped ship and purchased this land.

Frenchman's Bar is almost directly across from the confluence of the Columbia and Willamette Rivers and sits adjacent to a large tract of natural wetlands. Today, Frenchman's Bar Park is 152 acres of sandy beach, forested uplands, open pastures and more than two miles of shore land. It includes Frenchman's Bar Trail, a 48-acre open space corridor that connects Vancouver Lake to the river via the Columbia River Renaissance Trail. Interpretive signs describe the history of this area that Meriwether Lewis described in his journal.


One day it is my dream to walk over there. Now if I had learned to drive, I could have gone there a long time ago. I was so close to going there when I walked out to Vancouver Lake but decided I might not make it back the almost 8 miles IF I went there too. Maybe this summer.

Clueless in Boston a dit…

Hi. Thanks for visiting my blog cluelessinboston, I'm glad you liked the stone bench I posted today. Please, feel free to link to my blog. I don't ordinarily look for benches to post but after visiting here I see that I have been overlooking a very good subject. Cheers!