"A trail is a place to enjoy a walk and to find a bench to rest and talk."
(Dorothy Langsdorf, Discovery Trail in Vancouver,WA)

mercredi 4 février 2009

A l'Eglise du Voeu / In front of the Church of the Wish

En 1832, une épidémie de choléra menaçant la ville, les citoyens firent le voeu à la Vierge Marie de lui ériger une nouvelle église si Elle les protégeait de la maladie.
Leur prière ayant été entendue, l'église, aussi appelée Eglise de la Madone des Grâces, fut terminée une vingtaine d'années après.




In 1832, the cholera was at the doors of the town. The citizens made a prayer to Mary, wishing that , if she could protect them from the disease, they would build a new church for her.
It seems She heard them, and the church was finished about 20 years after.

2 commentaires:

PERBS a dit…

This is kinda weird, I know I wrote a comment ehre earlier today and now there' s none. Hmmmm Well, i am back,

I wonder if the bench is soemthing new or if there was a bench there when they build the cathedral?
Always nice to see people's response to miracles!

Malyss a dit…

I think, the little garden and the benches came after the church, but I must admit I don't know when..