"A trail is a place to enjoy a walk and to find a bench to rest and talk."
(Dorothy Langsdorf, Discovery Trail in Vancouver,WA)

jeudi 12 mars 2009

Triste banc/ Sad bench

Un hotel de luxe, de la restauration rapide américaine, le soleil de la Côte d'Azur, ça ne veut pas dire vie de rêve pour tout le monde...
(J'ai attendu un an avant de poster ce banc...)



A luxurious hotel, a fast-food, the sun of the French Riviera, it does not mean life of dream for everyone..
(I've taken the picture one year ago and was waiting this time before to post it.)

2 commentaires:

Rune Eide a dit…

I guess that is one way of using a bench...

PS Thank you for the comment! I saw from the comments to my post that not everyone appreciated the concept of the bench seen as part of the surroundings - a concept that would not have been so clear if I had "put" people on them. That would have made it into another kind of pictures.

PERBS a dit…

Looks like that beautiful bench is her home. Sad but also good in a way. She chose a well-traveled spot to take "shelter" and I hope by now she has better circumstances and visits this bench to remember the hard times.

Before I enlarged it, I just thought it was a bunch of junk on that bench BUT that life is not junk.

I am so glad you shared it. It reminds us to be thankful for the home we have.